Baby skin can be sensitive to many different things. Since it is thin compared to an older child's or an adult's skin, it is prone to spots, rashes and dryness. Baby acne is common in the first few months of an infant's life, as well as various rashes. Cradle cap, which causes flaky skin on the scalp area, is another skin condition that affects many babies.
Knowing what products to use on baby's skin is sometimes difficult. The wrong product could make the problem worse instead of better, and parents can't be comfortable if their little one is uncomfortable.
What Is In Your Baby's Soap?
Many commercial products for babies contain ingredients that can be harmful to sensitive skin - or even normal skin. Most contain the following harmful ingredients:
- Cocomidopropyl Betaine, which can irritate baby's eyes.
- Peg-80, which may be a cancer-causing agent.
- Quaternium-15, which releases the poisonous chemical formaldehyde and can cause contact dermatitis due to allergic reactions.
- Yellow 10 and Orange 4, artificial dyes which cause allergic reactions in some children. Many parents avoid all artificial dyes for their young children because researchers still don't know what effect they have on children's developing bodies.
Advertisements for baby soaps and lotions universally claim to be gentle, natural and safe for baby, but most of them use the products listed above, which are anything but safe for baby's delicate skin. It is important to be aware of the chemicals your baby comes into contact with, especially when it is on a regular basis such as bathing.
Cleanse Baby's Skin Naturally
Biconi offers its Baby Soap Head to Toe Cleanser as an alternative to commercial baby soaps. Unlike most of what you find at your local store, Biconi's Baby Soap contains none of the harmful ingredients listed above. It is free of dyes, irritants and contains nothing that could be a carcinogen. In addition, this product is free of SLS, pthalates, sulfates, parabens, mineral oil, alcohol and animal products.
Baby Soap Head to Toe Cleanser contains natural ingredients that will help baby's skin stay hydrated and heal the redness that can occur in the early weeks and months of a baby's life.
- Noni extract comes from the noni plant, which has been used in Polynesian countries for thousands of years to heal skin conditions. Noni has anti-inflammatory properties but is safe for baby's delicate skin.
- Virgin Coconut Oil is a very effective moisturizing agent. Since it is a natural ingredient, it safely penetrates baby's skin to hydrate it without chemicals or additives.
- Glycerin is a vegetable-based alternative to lye-based soaps. It gently draws moisture into skin and prevents toxins from entering.
Both noni and virgin coconut oil are also naturally anti-bacterial and antimicrobial, which give the added benefit of protecting baby's skin from many disease-causing agents that may lead to further skin problems.
When you bathe your baby with Biconi's Baby Soap, you can be sure it is the safest, healthiest product you can use. And peace of mind is a valuable thing.
Going Green With Noni Enzyme: A Gift From Nature
Coconut Oil For Skin
7 Surprising Facts About Your Baby's Skin
Johnson and Johnson Baby Soap Exposed